Community Watch: Community Watch is a crime prevention program across all BHA communities that involves citizens working with each other and with law enforcement agencies to reduce crime and victimization in their communities. It is basically neighbors watching out for each other. Its intention is to make criminals aware that if they commit a crime in a Community Watch Neighborhood, it will be reported to the police. It involves:
- Citizens protecting themselves and their property by using common sense crime prevention practices
- Neighbors getting to know each other, watching out for each other, and acting on or reporting suspicious activities
- Pre-Kinders Program (ages 3 and 4)
National Night Out: National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. It provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. Our annual event includes music, food and entertainment for all to enjoy!
Community Day: Community Day is an annual event held each summer for all BHA residents that provides, food, fun, socializing, giveaways, education and awareness of community programs.
Local Resident Council Meetings: Meeting held monthly by residents to discuss the needs of their communities and plan events and programs.
- Crump- 3rd Tuesday at 6 pm (Community Center)
- Earl Gerow- 2nd Thursday at 6 pm (Community Center)
- Pate- 2nd Tuesday at 6 pm (Community Center)
- Maplebrook- 3rd Thursday at 6 pm (Community Center)
- Willow Creek- 3rd Wednesday at 12 pm (BHA Administrative office)
- Woodrail- 1st Monday at 6 pm
Resident Advisory Board: Held each fourth Wednesday at 1 pm at the BHA administrative office.
For more information contact:
Youth and Family Services Director
336-226-8421 ext. 210