Energy Assistance Funds Available
ENERGY ASSISTANCE FUNDS AVAILABLE
Funds are available to assist the community with their cooling cost. Please see below.
To be potentially eligible for assistance, you must have a condition that would put your life or health at risk without a cooling source. You must also be able to meet the income guidelines. We can only assist with the amount needed to avoid a cooling crisis up to $600 per state fiscal year.
The following procedures are in place:
- Energy applications and interviews will not be conducted face-to-face.Applications can be picked up at the main entrance of the DSS building, printed from our website, taken by phone or mailed per customer request.
- Contact 336-570-6532 to place an application
- If picking up your application at the DSS building, you must return to your vehicle to complete the application
Once completed, applications can be returned to Alamance DSS by:
1. Secured drop box located at the main entrance of Social Services
2. Mail to 319 N. Graham Hopedale Road Suite C Burlington, NC 27217
3. Email at Myenergyapp@alamance-nc.com
4. Fax at 336-229-2021
(Additional information can be returned with your application such as income verification (last 4 paystubs if paid weekly, last 2 paystubs if paid biweekly) and energy bill information.)
Once your application is received your interview will be conducted by telephone-your application will not be considered valid until an interview has been completed and a signed application received. You will be contacted by an energy worker for an interview, so please include a valid contact phone number to ensure your interview can be completed. Once the interview has been completed, your application will be processed.
Per new state policy, you do not have to be at a point of disconnection to apply for services, you only need a past due bill.