Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
RSVP is the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, a division of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s Senior Corps, and is sponsored locally by Burlington Housing Authority, in partnership with local schools, faith-based and non-profit organizations.
RSVP now nearly 500,000 strong, is the nation’s largest volunteer network for persons 55 and older and lets you choose how and where you want to serve and the amount of time you want to give. Studies show: Volunteering helps you live longer and promotes a positive outlook on life!
You’ve gained a lifetime of experience. Now is the time to put your skills and talents to good use or to develop some new ones! As a benefit for volunteer services, you can be reimbursed for travel/meal expenses and supplemental insurance while volunteering.
Our children are our future! Help shape that future by volunteering your time as a Tutor, Mentor and Lunch Buddy with the many programs offered in partnership with area schools, faith-based and other non-profit organizations. Choose from in-school, after-school and summer programs.
You can also use your skills and knowledge to help recruit volunteers for the RSVP and other area non-profits.
Current Volunteer Opportunities for Volunteers 55 and Older:
- Tutor In school/on school premises (During the school year)
- Classroom Buddy/Lunch Buddy
- Mentor- “Training for Manhood” Program (During the school year)
- Mentor- “Dream Girls” Program (During the school year)
- Mentors and/or Tutors- BHA Summer Program (Elementary and Middle School)
- Telecare Reassurance Program: volunteer will provide check-in phone calls weekly to seniors who are homebound, living alone, ill or disabled
- Volunteer recruiter for RSVP/Area Non-Profits
Location/Hours of Operation/Staff Contact Info
Office: Gordon Malone Community Center (Pate Homes)
100 Lunsford Drive Burlington, NC
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
RSVP Project Director: Tim Jeffers
RSVP Clerical Assistant: Patricia Gilliam
Click here to view our most recent newsletter.